Strawberry Banana Smoothie brings freshness to your breakfast/snack in hot hot summers. Its healthy & fulfilling, can be substituted for a meal for people with light appetite.
Mornings are usually busy for most of us so my preferred option is to load my carry glass/cup with a smoothie to work & keep sipping it at my desk. Nothing better than starting your day with a nutritious breakfast, isn’t it? Its so delicious that I tend to sip it till the very last drop (sometimes leading to an embarrasing noise when no drink is left). Its a great snack for after school or work too
Kids are usually fussy about eating fruits so this is a great way to feed them some. Am sure they will be the running behind you to have more than you running behind them for having some.
- 7-8 strawberries
- 1 banana
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup orange juice (if not available, replace with milk or water)
- 1/2 tbsp sugar (optional – as per taste)
Cut the top green portion of strawberry & divide into half. Peel the banana & cut it into pieces. Blend all ingredients together to form a smooth puree. That’s it, your Smoothie is ready within no time. Add ice if required.
- I am using plain yogurt, you could use low-fat, or flavored yogurt too. Among flavored yogurt, strawberry, banana & vanilla flavors go really well with this smoothie.
- Ripe bananas go very well the smoothie, the more ripe your banana is the sweeter your smoothie will be. So add sugar accordingly. Sometimes I don’t feel the need to add sugar at all.
- I like my Smoothie a bit tangy so I add orange juice. You can replace it with same quantity of water/milk. I just feel that orange juice helps to enhance the various flavors of this smoothie.
Hope you enjoy this smoothie as much as I do!!
Stay Hydrated, Stay Healthy!!