Chocolate Chip Walnut Granola Bars are a healthy homemade snack/treat option that is packed with oats, honey, walnuts and chocolate chips. These chewy, crunchy and chocolaty bars are the perfect on-the-go after school/office snack. …
With summer at its peak, all you want to eat and drink is something chilled and cold. Ice-creams and Popsicles make the perfect treats, snacks or dessert to beat this heat. Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles are the perfect summer treats. They are are all natural and delicious treats not just for kids but for adults too. These Popsicle come out nice and creamy. Make some fancy layering and these poposicles are treat to the eyes as well as to the taste buds. Honestly I can eat them for breakfast too.
I like to add a bit of sugar to the strawberries to bring out their sweetness and depending on how sweet or sour your yogurt is you can skip or add the sugar. Since I was making this treat with the lil one in mind I’ve used full fat yogurt. Found it a bit thick after whisking. Hence added some milk to adjust the consistency (but this is completely optional).
You can make various patterns using the strawberry and yogurt mixture. For instance you could simply mix the two and fill the mold to get a pink and creamy Popsicle or make alternate layers of strawberry puree and yogurt or take a step further and add some pattern like I did for this post. Which ever pattern you chose doesn’t alter their taste but definitely makes them look pretty. Now who doesn’t like a pretty looking treat/snack.
For the recipe…
Ingredients: (Makes 7-8 Popsicles)
For Strawberry Puree:
9-10 medium sized strawberries washed, cored and quartered (using fresh but frozen can be used too)
1 tsp sugar or honey
pinch of salt
For Yogurt Mixture:
1 cup yogurt (used plain, vanilla flavor can be used in which case skip the extract)
1/2 cup milk (optional)
1 tbsp sugar (or honey) (to taste)
pinch of salt
pinch of cardamom or drop of vanilla extract (optional)
For Strawberry Puree – Add the chopped strawberries to a bowl and to it add the the sugar and mix. Allow it to sit for 15-20 mins. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Remove it into the bowl. Keep aside.
For Yogurt Mixture – Whisk together all the ingredients like yogurt, sugar, salt and milk until smooth. Keep aside.
For Making Strawberry Popsicles :-
There are many variations you can make using these two purees but I have mentioned the method followed by me here. Please refer notes for the other ways.
Take the Popsicle molds and add the Yogurt Puree around 2 tbsp followed by 2 tbsp of strawberry and around 1 tbsp of yogurt (or as much required to fill the mold) again. Take a knife or the back of a spoon and insert into the mold make swirls or up-down motion to give some pattern to the mixture. Once you have filled all the molds, cover and insert the stick. Freeze for around 6-8 hours and Popsicles will be ready .
- Design Variations:You can follow the method listed above or simply mix the strawberry and yogurt puree together and fill the molds. You can do more strawberry and less yogurt and make patterns. Or you can make alternate layers of yogurt and starwberry mixture without the swirls. All these ways look and taste great.
- Depending on the sweetness of the strawberries and yogurt you can adjust the amount of sugar or keep it all natural and skip the sugar.
- I’ve used full fat yogurt but greek yogurt, lowfat yogurt will work too.
- I have used milk to adjust the yogurt consistency but that can be skipped or replcaed with water.
- You can make these Popsicles using any fruit of choice.
Magic Cookie Bars are crunchy,chewy and gooey bars made with chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts topped over layer of sweetened condensed milk and graham cracker crumbs. Traditionally these bars are made by layering all the ingredients in a single layer like the butter & crumbs mixture topped with condensed milk (which holds everything in place) followed by chocolate chips, nuts and then coconut. But I prefer to mix the coconut, nuts and chocolate chips together and sprinkle that as a layer. But you could totally do the single layer option too.
Now to the recipe…
Ingredients: (Makes 2-3 dozen bars)
1 and 1/2 cups of graham cracker crumbs or about 10-11 slabs of crackers (each contains 2 biscuits as seen in the pic below)
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter (melted)
2-3 tbsp milled flax-seed powder (optional)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts (or any nuts of choice)
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 9X13inch baking pan with parchment paper and spray it with cooking oil or butter. Keep aside.
In a bowl mix together the walnuts,sweetened shredded coconut and chocolate chips. Keep aside.
Place the graham cracker slabs in a zip-lock bag and using a rolling pin crush them into fine crumbs.
In the lined and sprayed baking pan, add the crumbs, flax-seed powder and pour the melted butter over them . Mix well. Spread evenly and press firmly to the bottom of the pan.
Now pour the sweetened condensed milk evenly over the pressed crumb mixture. Lastly sprinkle the coconut, walnut and chocolate chips mixture evenly over the condensed milk and press down firmly. Bake for 25- 30 mins or until lightly golden brown. Cool completely in the pan and then lift the entire slab holding on to the parchment paper. Cut into squares of desired length.
- I prefer to mix the coconut walnut and chocolate chips together and then add them. But you could also layer them individually with the chocolate coconut and nuts layer or any order of your preference.
- I have used walnuts but you could use any nut of choice like pecans etc
- If you like to have it less sweeter, add unsweetened shredded coconut instead
- Pour the condensed milk evenly and don’t try spreading it with a spoon or spatula. Chances are you may pull off the crumbs layer.
- I prefer to mix white a semi sweet chocolate chips but you can use only one type of chips too
- Once cooled, I prefer to store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
That’s it, our gooey chewy Magic Cookie Bars are ready. Enjoy these on their own or with a glass of cold milk as an after-school/office snack or as quick dessert.
Oreo Pops are basically chocolate covered oreos on a stick with some decorative sprinkles/designs on them giving them a candy/lollipop like look . These pretty looking sweets make great treats/goodies/favors for kids birthday parties and for other occasions too like Christmas/Valentines day party. I made these pops on my baby’s (Rhea’s) 1st birthday party along with the Pink & White Marshmallow Pops. These stay good for weeks when stored airtight so you can make these well inadvance to avoid any last minute rush. As much the kids liked these pops the adults enjoyed them too.
However good these look and taste, I wouldn’t recommended these for everyday munch due to the amount of sweetness going on in these pops. So I would suggest making these for parties and special occasions where you can share these with friends and family as well as enjoy couple of them yourself. Believe me once you make these, its very hard to resist eating them especially if you have a sweet tooth 🙂
Now to the recipe…
10-12 oreo cookies
1/2 to 3/4 cup of white color candy melts or white chocolate chips
10-12 lollipop sticks
Sprinkles of choice
Carefully remove one side of the oreo cookie and keep them ready as shown in the pic.
Melt a very small portion of Candy melts/white chocolate in a microwave stirring every 30 seconds. Dip a very small portion of lollipop stick in the melted chocolate/candy melt and gently press into the cream side of the cookie. Place the other portion (non-cream side) of the cookie on top. Complete all the Oreos this way and then refrigerate for about 10 mins for the chocolate to set and strengthen the stick to oreo bond .
Now melt the remaining Candy melts/white chocolate in a microwave stirring every 30 seconds. By holding on to the lollipop stick, dip the Oreo cookies in the melted chocolate, tap off the excess chocolate. Add/dip into sprinkles and either place it flat on a wax paper or insert the lollipop stick into a thermocol stand or regular cup to keep the pop in upright position for chocolate to set/harden. Make sure no two pops touch each other. Once chocolate is hard/set, store in air tight container and use as required.
- 1/2 cup of Candy melts were sufficient for me to dip 10-12 Oreo pops. Use as much chocolate is required to coat the pops. At the end when the melted chocolate level drops slightly tilt the glass/vessel inorder to coat the oreos.
- If Candy Melts are not available you can use white chocolate chips instead. Melt them in microwave on medium heat stirring every 30 seconds. White Chocolate has a tendency to burn easily so keep a close watch.
- If you dont have sprinkles you could simply use the pops as is or decorate with some chocolate on top as you can see in some of pops in the pic. For this, pour the remaining chocolate into a ziplock bag and cut a small tip on one side and use it like a pipping bag to decorate the pops as you like.
That’s it, our pretty sweet treats Oreo Pops are ready. Serve these as is or pack them in clear or decorative treat bags to give as favors/gifts.
Marshmallow Pops is a very simple and gorgeous looking candy recipe that is definitely a crowd-pleaser be it kids or adults. Its as simple as marshmallow dipped in chocolate to give us these pops. Now who wouldn’t love that. These pops are great sweets for dessert buffets or even as favors/goodies for birthday parties or as valentines day gift .
I made these pops for my Lil one’s (Rhea) First birthday party. These pops were one amongst the other sweets on the dessert table. Her party theme being pink and white I chose to go with these colors for the sweets too. But you can make this with white marshmallow and regular chocolate too. I had Oreo Pops that were on a lollipop stick hence I opted these to be placed on the plate . But you can insert a stick in the marshmallow to give it a lollipop feel (See notes for more). These pops can last up to weeks at room temperature when stored air tight. Make these ahead of time and save the last minute rush.
Now to the recipe…
Marshmallows in Pink and white color
Candy Melts in Pink and white (Vanilla Flavor) OR White Chocolate and Red Food color
Some Sprinkles of choice
Melt the Candy melts in a microwave stirring every 30 seconds. Then dip the white marshmallow half way through into the pink color melted chocolate and pink marhmallow into the white chocolate. Gently tap off the excess chocolate and add/dip into sprinkles of choice and place it upside down for chocolate to set/harden. Once chocolate is hard/set, store in air tight container and use as required.
- My party theme was pink and white so I opted for these color marshmallow and candy melts but you can use colors of choice or simply regular white marshmallow and chocolate chips
- If Candy Melts are not available you can use white chocolate chips instead. Melt them in microwave on medium heat stirring every 30 seconds. White Chocolate has a tendency to burn easily so keep a close watch. Then separate the melted white chocolate equally in two bowls and add few drops of red food color to one bowl to get the pink color. Then follow the same steps for dipping and you can refrigerate/freeze the pops for a few minutes for the chocolate to set.
- If you would like to add a lollipop stick, then dip the stick in melted chocolate and then insert it into the marshmallow. Allow the chocolate to set before going forward with the dipping. After dipping use a foam/ thermocol board to dry the pops by inserting the stick into the board in upright position.
That’s it our Pink and White Marshmallow Pops are ready. Serve these as is or pack them in clear or decorative treat bags to give as favors/gifts.