Summer for sure isn’t done yet so there are days (many infact) when I crave for a cold caffeinated drink over something hot. illy Cold brewed iced coffee is my go to drink these days. Majority times I always made cold coffee or frappe but that gets too heavy and drinking that everyday may not be best option. Finally discovered the Cold brew method of making coffee and totally hooked. It is super easy and effortless.
Sponsored Post : This post is sponsored by illy, but all thoughts and opinions are my own
illy coffee is the perfect choice for using in cold brew. Its rich, smooth, high quality and perfect to give you the required kick during this hot summer.
If you haven’t tried cold brewing your coffee yet, you should. Its a game changer! You whip up a big jar on weekend and you have your smooth and perfect coffee ready in the refrigerator for a week or two. Use it for hot or cold drink. Saves tons of time plus coffee brewed this way is less bitter and acidic.
illy cold brew way of making coffee is extremely easy. You basically add your coffee and water to the cold brew maker and let it steep for 12-24 hours, filter and you have your cold brewed coffee concentrate ready. Its good to be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. You can use it hot or cold.
My go to way this summer is, fill your favorite glass with ice, pour 1 part of illy cold brew coffee concentrate with 2 parts of water over it, add splash of milk or cream and sweetener of choice and voilà you have a dream drink ready. Sip sip!
Love pairing my illy cold brew iced coffee with favorite summer fruits or muffins for that ideal morning or evening snack.
- 12 ounces illy coarsely ground coffee
- 7 cups of water
- Milk/creamer of choice
- sweetener of choice
- Insert the stopper at the bottom of the maker and dampen the filter and place it in the container
- Add 1 cup of water followed by 6 ounces of ground coffee
- Slowly pour 3 more cups of water over the grounds, in a circular motion.
- Wait 5 minutes, then add the remaining 6 ounces of ground coffee.
- Finally, slowly add the last 3 cups of water.
- Do not stir (stirring the bed of grounds can result in a clogged filter).
- Lightly press down on the topmost grounds with the back of a spoon to ensure all grounds get wet.
- Let this steep for about 12-24hours at room temperature
- Filter your coffee i.e. remove the stopper and let the concentrate flow into the decanter. Takes about 30 mins
- This cold crew coffee concentrate stays fresh for about 2 weeks in refrigerator
- To make Iced coffee - mix 1 part of coffee concentrate with 2-3 parts of water/milk over ice. Sweeten it to taste if required.
If you haven’t tried illy coffee yet, you definitely should. You can but it online. Save 20% on your order by using the code COFFEE17