Continuing with the holiday appetizer theme sharing another interesting Dip recipe that is full of flavors with a tangy base from the Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese. You are definitely going to love this!
Goat cheese is a soft cheese that is immensely popular especially as a salad topper but this creamy tangy cheese is much more versatile than that and in today’s post I’m sharing my favorite way of using it. For those new to goat cheese, its as the name states, its a cheese made from goat’s milk and has a characteristic tart flavor. The smooth spreadable consistency of Goat cheese makes it perfect base for dip.
For this dip I’ve used the Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese as it has a pleasantly fresh yet lightly tangy flavor that adds a distinctive pop of flavor to this dip inspired by the holiday season and Christmas colors, red from the sun-dried tomatoes and green from spinach. The brown caramelized onions along with artichokes give it a great chunky hearty bite.
You can make this dip ahead of time and refrigerate. Just before your guest arrive bake this and serve with your favorite chips and or veggies.
You can learn more about Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese and its recipes here
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 cup packed fresh spinach leaves
- ¼ cup chopped Sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup marinated artichokes (washed and then chopped)
- 4oz Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese (Traditional)
- ¼ cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup Mexican blend of Cheese
- ¼ tsp of dry parsley (optional for garnishing)
- In a pan heat oil and butter and then add onions and cook until brown stirring occasionally.
- Then add minced garlic and cook for a minute and then add the spinach, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Cook till spinach is wilted and then take it off the flame.
- Once its cooled off a bit add about 3 oz goat cheese (leaving some for topping later), mozzarella and ¼ cup of Mexican blend cheese. Mix well.
- Transfer to a baking dish in which you want to serve this dip. Top it with remaining ¼ cup of Mexican blend cheese, few sun-dried tomatoes and some goat cheese.
- Cover and Refrigerate until you want to serve.
- Just when you want to serve, Bake in a 350F preheated oven for 20-25 mins or until the cheese has melted
- Garnish with some parsley and finely chopped spinach
That’s it, our creamy, tangy and hearty Dip made with Joan of Arc® Goat Cheese, Sun-dried Tomatoes, Spinach and Artichokes is ready, Serve with your favorite chips. Enjoy!