Looking for an easy and delicious appetizer recipe for the upcoming holiday season? These yummy Paneer & Peas Triangles made using Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry are for you then. Savory, flaky and deliciousness filled in every bite.
I love entertaining and hosting parties but at the same time I don’t like spending too much time prepping prior to the party or when my guest arrive. That’s why I prefer to have one of the appetizer using my favorite base/dough Puff Pastry Sheets . You will always find a pack or two of these in my freezer as they come in so handy. You can create so many variations with them plus they are super easy to use. Thaw, fill, shape, bake and Tadaaaa! you have a delicious appetizer/snack ready.
I love savory food and if you are like me, these Paneer and Peas triangles are for you. The best part about these is everything can be made ahead of time like the filling and also you can shape and refrigerate/freeze the triangles till ready to bake. These taste best when served fresh and warm so bake them just before the guest arrive. Love serving these with some Green Chutney and/or Date Tamarind Chutney or Ketchup works too.
- 1 packet of Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry Sheets
- 2 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- ½ cup chopped onions
- 1 tsp each ginger garlic paste
- 1 and half cup green peas (microwaved in water with little salt for 3-5 mins)
- 1 cup shredded paneer
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder
- ½ to 1 tsp amchur (dry mango) powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 2-3 green chillies chopped (to taste and optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ to 1 tsp chaat masala
- 4-5 mint leaves finely chopped
- Some white Sesame seeds (til) and/or Nigella seeds (kalongi) for garnishing (optional)
- some milk/oil/egg for brushing and sealing the pastry
- In a cooking pan heat oil and once hot add the cumin seeds.
- Once they splutter add the onions and saute until soft and translucent
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw garlic smell disappears
- Add the green peas, salt and pepper cook for 3-5 mins stirring occasionally till peas are soft.
- Mash the peas and then add all spices - coriander powder, cumin seeds powder, dry mango powder, garam masala and mix well.
- Then add the green chillies, paneer, mint and chaat masala and give it a good mix and take it off heat and allow to cool completely.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper and keep it ready
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 12-inch square. Cut into 9 (4X4-inch) squares. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet, making 18 in all.
- Place 1-2 tablespoon paneer peas mixture in the lower half of the triangle.
- Brush the edges of the pastry with the water/milk.
- Fold the pastry over the filling to form triangles. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal.
- Place the filled pastries evenly (leaving space for expansion) onto the lined baking sheet.
- Brush with milk/oil and then sprinkle some white sesame seeds and/or nigella seeds on top. Press slightly to ensure they stick.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheets on wire racks for 10 minutes.
That’s it, our flaky and delicious Paneer and Peas Triangles are ready! Serve them fresh and warm with some Green Chutney and/or Date Tamarind Chutney and/or Ketchup. Enjoy!