Fresh fruit flavored,all natural Popsicles or Ice Pops make such a great frozen treat for kids as well as adults. You could make these with any fruits you like but for today's post its Watermelon Strawberry Popsicles. I chose this combination as love the way sweetness of the watermelon combines with the tartness of the strawberries. Secondly love the reddish color these two fruits impart to the popsicles making it yummy and pretty at the same time.
Now to the recipe...
Ingredients: (Makes 10 Popsicles)
2 cups of cubed watermelon
2 cups of washed, hulled and sliced strawberries
1-2 tablespoon simple syrup Or sugar Or honey (to taste)
1 tablespoon lime juice (or to taste)
¼ teaspoon salt
In a blender add the sliced watermelon and strawberry pieces and blend until smooth. Add ¼ cup water (at a time) and more if required to puree. Now using a wide strainer, strain the puree. I prefer to strain and use only the liquid & discard the remaining leftover fruit fibers. But you can even do this recipe without straining.
Now in the strained liquid add the simple syrup, salt and lemon juice. Mix well and then pour into the Popsicle molds. Cover and freeze for about 30 mins. Then remove from freezer and pop the wooden sticks in through the available slots. This helps to keep the stick straight and hold its position. Stick the whole container back into the freezer. After about 6 to 7 hours (or overnight) your Ice pops should be ready. Let them sit for about 2 mins or run/dip in warm water for about 10 seconds. Your ice pop should slide out easily.
- For storing, you could store individual popsicles in the small snack size ziplocks bags in freezer. They fit perfect for 1 popsicle.
- I prefer to strain the fruit puree and use only the liquid & discard the remaining leftover fruit fibers. But you can even do this recipe without straining. Just add simple syrup, salt and lemon juice to the pureed fruit and pour in molds.
- Some popsicle mold come with inbuilt stick on them (i.e.they are part of the lid. If you have one of those molds you can simply pour the liquid into the mold and freeze at a stretch for 6-7 hours or overnight.
- My strawberries were not so tart so I added a bit of lemon juice but you can skip it too.
- Simple syrup/Sugar/Honey and lemon juice are to taste so add as required or skip if not needed.
That's it, our yummy fresh fruit Watermelon Strawberry Popsicles are ready. Enjoy this low-fat, guilt-free and juicy frozen treat with your family and friends!!
sooperrr o sooper pics..
Those pops are alluring, love to lick it.
loved the first click,bright colored definitely refreshing too dear
Yummy and tasty Popsicles......super like!!