Basic Chocolate Cake – Eggless is very simple cake recipe that can be used as base for many dessert varieties. I have kept the toppings simple by just using whipped cream & chocolate syrup, but you can decorate it much as you like, sky is the limit!
1/2 cup of chocolate milk at room temperature (can use regular milk instead)
1/2 cup of condensed milk at room temperature
1/2 butter at room temperature
2-3 tbsp of sugar
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/4 cup of cocoa powder
1/2 tsp of espresso coffee powder (optional)
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
Some whipped cream
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Take a baking dish (about 8X8 inch) & spray some cooking oil or butter & line it with parchment paper. Spray some cooking oil again on top too. This helps the cake to come out clean & prevents the cake from sticking to the baking dish.
- Now in a large bowl whisk together butter & condensed milk.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract & vinegar & whisk again
- Now add little milk at a time & whisk together to get a smooth paste.
- Sift all the dry ingredients together. Now add some flour at a time & whisk. Continue doing this till you have mixed all the flour & you have a lump free batter.
- Pour the batter into previously greased baking dish, spread evenly & bake in the oven for about 25-30 mins.
- At 30 mins mark, insert a toothpick or knife at the center of the cake, if it comes out clean (i.e. no batter stuck to it) that means our cake is done. Remove it from the oven & let it cool for around 10-15 mins.
Serve this cake warm topped with whipped cream/Vanilla ice cream & chocolate syrup.
Sending this cake to event:
I Love Baking