Applesauce Banana Dog Cake - A Birthday Cake for your fur baby baked with lots of love and some simple ingredients.
As you may all know by now, Sasha my fur baby celebrates her birthday in April and every year I try to bake her a birthday cake. This year was no different.
Instead of making the same cake every year I try some new recipe and this time it was Applesauce Banana Dog Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting.
Well the name gives a pretty good idea about what the cake is made of :). Sasha loves Apples so I try to include apple as one of the ingredient of her cake.
Yogurt is her another favorite so that was included in her frosting.
Both apples and yogurt are part of Sasha's everyday diet. We got this tip to include yogurt as it gives a a good shiny and silky fur coat. We have been following that religiously ever since.
Sasha is not a fussy eater and given a chance she would have finished the entire cake in one go. But I prefer to portion this cake in to 4 and give her one piece each day.
Clicking pics especially with food in front of her is a BIG challenge as she doesn't like wasting time when it comes to food. You can clearly see her eagerness from the pics 😉
Sasha loves outdoor just like most other dogs. As the seasons change, dogs start spending more time outside so it's important to make sure they're starting off summer healthy and happy.
We make sure Sasha has regular health check-ups in each season where her overall health is checked in addition to any ear or feet infections, signs of flea as well as dental checks.
She is also scheduled for regular baths, nail trim and fur trim especially in summer since she is out so much more and needs it more in summer than in winter.
More Dog cakes to try:
Finally to the recipe! Don't forget to bake this for your lovely fur babies and if you do, please share the pics of the cake and your fur baby as I love to see them. Please rate by clicking stars ⭐️in the recipe card.
Applesauce Banana Dog Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting
For the cake - :
- 1 large banana
- ½ cup applesauce unsweetened
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup wheatflour
- dash of cinnamon
- ¼ cup water
- Mini Milk Bone cookies for decoration
For the frosting -:
- ¾ cup low fat greek yogurt
- ½ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of honey optional
For the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a baking pan (using 6 inch round) with oil and line with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, add the banana and mash it using a fork (roughly half cup mashed).
- To this add the applesauce and mix well till combined.
- Next add the wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon and give it a good mix.
- At this point the batter will be very thick so add water to adjust the consistency to get a cake like batter consistency, used total ¼ cup water.
- Pour the batter into the greased and lined baking pan and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it sit in pan for 5 mins after which transfer it onto a cooling rack. Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
- Add the yogurt, peanut butter and honey in a bowl and mix until combined. Refrigerate until ready to use.
For Decorating the Cake:
- Slather generous amount of frosting all over the cake and decorate it with Mini Milk Bone cookies
That's it, our cute little Applesauce Banana Dog Birthday Cake is ready! Serve with lots of love and hugs.Enjoy!