Pupcakes are dog-friendly cupcakes that are much healthier than our own version of the delicious treat. I baked these Carrot Peanut Butter Pupcakes for my baby Sasha (our yellow Labrador) and frosted with this yummy and super easy frosting of peanut butter, yogurt (She loves yogurt) and honey. Last but not least, topped them with her favorite bone shaped treat biscuits. They were a Huge hit!
Sasha turned 6 this year so made 6 of these which she ate over a span of 4-5 days. Keep them airtight and refrigerated and they are good for a week or so. Last year I made this yummy Apple Peanut Butter Cake for her and wanted to try something different this time. Loved how cute these pupcakes turned out. She was not ready to pose and wanted to eat them right away. Somehow managed to get one click of my pretty girl.
Now to the recipe…
Ingredients: makes 6-7 cupcakes
1/4 cup peanut butter
1/4 cup applesauce (heaped cup)
1/4 cup yogurt
1/2 cup finely shredded carrots
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
Honey optional and to taste (I skipped it since I added it to frosting)
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup yogurt
2 tbsp honey
Some bone shaped Dog biscuits for decoration (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line the cupcake tin with liners and keep aside.
- In a bowl mix the peanut butter, applesauce, yogurt until well combined. To this add one egg followed by shredded carrots and mix well.
- Next add the wheat flour and baking soda and mix all using a spatula until the batter is well formed.
- Now divide the batter equally into 6 0r 7 Pupcakes.
- Bake at 350 for 25-30 mins or until a toothpick inserted at the centre of the pupcake comes out clean.
- Let them rest in the pan for 10 mins after which transfer them to a cooling rack. Once they have completely cooled down they are ready for frosting.
- For the frosting – mix honey, yogurt and peanut butter until well combined.
- Transfer to a piping bag fitted with a nozzle of choice and frost the pupcakes. You can even skip the piping bag and directly spread the frosting over the pupcakes using a spoon.
- Finally top with their favorite treat and serve with lots of love and hugs.
That’s it, these yummy and healthy Carrot Peanut Butter Pupcakes are ready. My baby Sasha loved them and hope yours will love them too. Let me know in the comments if you give this recipe a try. Enjoy!