Cheeseboard is an easy summer appetizer that is a breeze to put together with hundreds of variations making your guest feel engaged trying the different combination ranging from sweet to savory. Pair it with White and Red wines and you are set!
This post is sponsored by The French Ministry of Agriculture, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.
With Summer comes holidays, gatherings, parties and having a great time with friends and family. Food is essence of such gatherings and having an easy appetizer that would suit everyone makes life easy as a host especially if you don't have to stand in the kitchen and miss all the fun! Cheese and Wine make the perfect fit for such occasions especially when Made in France!
Lately I've been loving cheeseboards. They are easy to put together with hundreds of variations and your guest feel engaged trying the different combination ranging from sweet to savory. Pair it with variety of Wines and you are set!
For this summer cheese board, I've included the two types of French Cheese - Blue cheese (Saint Agur) Cream Cheese (Saint André). 1 toasted sliced baguettes, some gluten free multi-grain baked cracker, fresh summer fruits like strawberries, blueberries, cherries, red and green grapes, cherry tomatoes, green olives, two types of spread - one sweet (fig jam) and one savory (pesto), some walnuts and cranberries and two salts - Kosher sea salt and fine grey sea salt.
Some of my favorite combos -
Crackers + blue cheese + sea salt + fig spread + walnuts
Crackers + cream cheese + fig jam + blueberries
Baguette slice + cream cheese + pesto + cherry tomatoes + kosher salt
Easy Summer Cheeseboard with French Wine and Cheese
- 1 wedge Blue cheese Saint Agur
- 7 oz Cream Cheese Saint André at room temperature
- Kosher sea salt
- Fine grey sea salt
- Handful of each strawberries blueberries, cherries
- 1 small bunch red and green grapes
- Cherry tomatoes
- Green olives
- Fig spread
- Handful of walnuts & cranberries
- 1/2 baguette sliced, toasted/grilled
- Gluten free multi grain baked crackers
- Select a a large cutting board of choice
- Place the red and green grapes in the center and arrange the two cheese diagonally around it.
- Add the fig spread, pesto, kosher salt and sea salt to either sides of the grapes.
- Place the multi-grain crackers near the blue cheese and baguette slices near to cream cheese.
- Now fill the remaining board with tomatoes, fruits and olives.
- Pour in some wine and enjoy!
Favorite combos -:
- Cracker + blue cheese + sea salt + fig spread + walnuts
- Cracker + cream cheese + fig jam + blueberries
- Baguette slice + cream cheese + pesto + cherry tomatoes + kosher salt
These French products (Wine, Cheese and salt) are easily available in US and affordable too in spite of being imported from France. Link to their social media are as below. So don't forget to give them a try for your next gathering and amaze your friends and family!
Happy Summer and Snacking!