Overall, this eggless dressing comes out nice and creamy and perfectly tasty. In-fact I super liked the way this dressing tasted so used it with couple of different salad combinations. I had no homemade croutons left at hand so opted for the ready made croutons (available at grocery stores) for this recipe.
2-3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
1 tbsp of capers (washed and drained) (you can adjust the quantity to your taste)
couple of tbsp water (as required to adjust the consistency)
- There are ready made torn lettuce packets available in market but I prefer using the the Lettuce head. So if u are using the Lettuce head like me then throw away the outermost layer of lettuce which usually is bit spoiled and spotted. Then tear the remaining lettuce into small to medium size pieces. Wash them thoroughly and dry them completely on paper-towel before using for salad.
- Make sure your lettuce leaves are completely dry else your dressing would become running.
- For this recipe, I’ve used the egg-less mayonnaise but you could also use the normal one with eggs. Greek yogurt makes a great option for the lighter and healthier salad dressing
- Mix the lettuce with dressing just before serving to avoid the lettuce from wilting
- You can make the dressing ahead of time and use it later when you want to serve the salad.
- The dressing can stay good in refrigerator up to a week.
That’s it, our creamy Eggless Caesar Salad is ready, Serve it as a side with soup, pizza, pasta or Just on its own. Enjoy!!