Gobi (Cauliflower) Paratha is a popular North Indian breakfast recipe which is now loved in every part of India. It is quite filling and satiating breakfast and a punjabi-household favorite. Eat it with butter, yogurt, chutney , pickle or even ketchup it always tastes super yummy.
My MIL is an expert in making paratha and this is one of her recipes. The very first time when I saw her making these parathas I wondered whether she was forgetting to cook the Gobi. But then she explained that you make the stuffing for this paratha (flat-bread) by grating the raw Gobi, ginger and green chilies and mixing it with various masala for flavor. I was truly amazed after I ate the paratha. Its extremely delicious and if you don't see it in making you wont realize its made from raw Gobi. Just make sure you wash the Gobi previous night and allow it to dry completely before making the stuffing.
1 cup of wheat flour
½ cup of water (or as needed)
1 tablespoon oil
salt to taste
5-6 big cauliflower florets (wash thoroughly & dry these completely before use)
2 green chilies
½ inch ginger piece (skin removed or peeled)
few coriander leaves
1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
½ teaspoon red chilli powder
½ teaspoon cumin seed powder
½ tsp coriander powder
½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur)
¼ teaspoon garam masala
salt to taste
Additionally we will need some wheat flour for dusting & some butter to apply on paraths while cooking.
To make Dough:
Mix all the ingredients listed under "For Dough" and knead into a soft dough. Cover and keep aside for 15-30 minutes.
To Make Stuffing:
- Add the cauliflower florets, ginger and green chilies into the food processor and grind till you break them into very small pieces (grated like consistency), make sure you don't make a paste of it. (alternately you can grate the cauliflower and chop the ginger and green chilies finely).
- Remove in a mixing bowl & to this grated mixture add carom seeds, all the powders like red chili , cumin seed, coriander and dry mango followed by garam masala and salt.
- Add some finely chopped coriander leaves and mix well.
- That's it our Gobi (cauliflower) stuffing is ready. Keep aside.
To Make Paratha (flat-bread):
- Take a small portion of the dough (bigger than you would normally take for making chapati) and roll it into a 3" diameter circle using rolling pin & some dry wheat flour.
- Apply some ghee at the center of this circle & place 2-3 tablespoon of the stuffing on it.
- Bring all the ends together & seal tightly. If there is some additional dough at the peak after sealing, remove it & flatten the stuffed dough ball.
- Using some wheat flour for dusting, roll this stuffed dough into 6" diameter circle.
- Heat a flat tava (griddle) on medium heat, once hot put this rolled paratha on it. Cook for about a minute & then flip.
- While the other side is cooking, apply some ghee/butter on the side facing up. Again flip & cook the side with butter/ghee till its well done & golden in color.
- Repeat the process for other side too. Once both sides are well cooked remove from griddle.
- Repeat the entire process to make as many paratha's as you want. (I made 4).
That's it our Gobi (Cauliflower) paratha is ready, serve hot topped with some butter or with any chutney/pickle/ketchup of your choice.
Delicious rich parathas!!
Do join in the ongoing Events of EP Series-Curry leaves OR Red Dry Chillies @ Spicy Aroma
yummy parathas!!!and nice click 🙂
lovely and yummy paratha... i like this very much...
VIRUNTHU UNNA VAANGA
Delicious and tempting paratha,,yummy..
Shabbu's Tasty Kitchen
Oh greatttt paratha and nice clicks too...
Delicious n yummy gobi parathas 🙂
yummy i made the same way ...one of fav too
love this dish ...looks perfect with stuffing
Yummy Parathas..Nice clicks...
tempting and inviting paranthas..
Kamagra Oral jelly maintains the Health of your Sexual Life
This looks delicious to me. Would love to try it very soon. Thanks for the share.
Nicely illustrated Shweta 🙂 This is one of my favorite Parathas! You have perfected it 🙂
Perfectly made parathas..so inviting.
Yummy! This is only of my fave parathas!
Delicious cauliflower bread loves it
my todays recipie