A cool and refreshing drink perfect for this summer season. The flavors of Basil and Ginger elevate the lemonade flavor to the next level. One sip and you will be love it. Try today!
With temperatures rising to 100°F and summer just around the corner, its very essential to stay hydrated. The sun can really take a toll on the energy levels so something that can refresh and hydrate you is a must.
The good old lemonade or Nimbu Pani (as known in India) never misses to hit the spot but have you tried elevating it to the next level with some awesome flavors of Dorot Ginger and Basil? Yes you guessed it now, Basil Ginger Lemonade is my new go to drink this season.
Recently when I was walking down the frozen isle of my local Whole Foods, I stumbled upon these frozen herbs, ginger and garlic products by Dorot. The first thing that caught my attention was super cute packaging and the pre-portioned cubes (1 cube equals 1 tsp). I knew I had to give these products a try.
Best decision ever! Dorot products are real easy to use, full of fresh flavors as they are flash frozen within 90 minutes of harvest, requires no chopping, peeling and cutting so no mess, no clean up. Just pop a cube out directly into your recipe and you are set!
Sometimes (or most times when I really need it) I'm out of Basil and Cilantro but having these cubes available in my freezer all year long makes such a big difference. They bring real flavors to table.
Most of the Dorot products ( Crushed Garlic, Crushed Ginger, Chopped Parsley, Chopped Basil, Chopped Cilantro,Glazed Onions) are ingredients needed for everyday cooking.
My local Whole Foods has tons of variety. But during my recent visit I bought some Dorot Basil and Ginger to make my Basil Ginger Lemonade and it was a breeze to make it and so much flavor. Just pop everything into a blender, blend and voila you are ready to serve!
Check the store locator to find where you can buy these in your area! Most stores carry them in the frozen section of vegetable aisle and its really hard to miss those signature red trays.
Adding Ginger and Basil to your drink will not just elevate its taste and flavor but also adds a ton of healthy benefits to a plain old lemonade.
Ginger and Basil, both have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and are believed to strengthen and boost immunity. Ginger can help relieving digestive problems and Basil is believed to reduces stress and purify blood. Lemon we all know is a great source of Vitamin C.
Overall a win win drink and you will really love how well the flavors marry. So let see the recipe now!
Basil Ginger Lemonade with Dorot
For Basil Ginger Lemonade Concentrate:
- 1 cube Dorot Ginger or 1 tsp grated
- 1 cube Dorot Basil or 5-7 basil leaves
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black salt
- 1 oz lemon juice 2 tbsp
- 2-3 oz simple syrup adjust to your taste (4-6 tbsp)
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup icecubes + more ice for serving
- Water or Sparkling water as required
- Lemon slices and Basil leaves for garnishing optional
- Add all the ingredients for the Basil Ginger Lemonade Concentrate to a blender.
- Blend until everything is well combined.
- This concentrate can stay in refrigerator for upto a day or two.
- In a serving glass, add ice and fill half the glass with the concentrate and remaining half with water or sparkling water.
- Add some lemon slices and basil leaves for garnishing and serve.
- For making simple syrup - boil equal parts (1:1) of water and sugar until the sugar dissolved. Let it cool and store airtight jar in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Instead of simple syrup or sugar, you can use any sweetener of your choice like honey, agave syrup, jaggery water etc.
That's it, our cool and refreshing Basil Ginger Lemonade is ready! Serve Chilled.