Sparkling strawberry lemonade is a bubbly and refreshing summer drink made with fresh ingredients like strawberries and lemons. An easy and delicious way to stay hydrated all summer long!!
My kids love their pink lemonade when we dine out. Although I'm ok for them to have that once in a while, I prefer giving them homemade vs the sugary store-bought kind.
So, after Aam Panna, here comes the next easy-to-make and amazing-to-sip - Sparkling Strawberry lemonade. One sip is all you need to fall in love with it.
Apart from being the best summer drink, it is also perfect as a welcome drink. It's delicious, pretty looking, caters to all age groups making it also apt for get-togethers and parties.
This lemonade is
- little sweet, tart, and fruity
- absolutely refreshing and hydrating
- made with fresh ingredients like strawberry and lemons
- sweetened with homemade sugar syrup
- much better than store-bought
Buying store-bought lemonade is easy but it just tastes like sugar water with no flavor to me. Instead, try this homemade Strawberry Lemonade which is truly easy to make and has so much flavor!!
All you need is lemons, strawberries, and sugar to make this delicious drink. Let's see how to make strawberry lemonade.
Sweetener - I prefer using homemade simple Syrup made by boiling equal parts of water and sugar (1:1). Honey, agave, or maple syrup can be used but they alter the taste.
Lemon juice: I use freshly squeezed lemon juice. This effort is worth it.
Strawberry Puree: I like to use fresh strawberries and puree them without water or sugar.
Salt: A little salt helps to really bring out the flavors.
For serving: Sparkling water or Club soda I like to mix the concentrate with soda so it has a gentle sparkle to it. Water can be used too. Or add vodka to make a cocktail.
Garnishes - Mint leaves, lemon slices, and strawberry slices.
Step by Step Method
Make Simple Syrup - Boil water & add the sugar to it. Stir continuously to dissolve the sugar and take it off the heat. Allow this mixture to cool. Simple sugar syrup is ready.
This can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 weeks easily. Comes in really handy like when you have to make this drink.
Make Strawberry Puree - Hull the strawberries (cut the green part off) & then puree them in a blender without water or sugar to give 1 cup puree.
Squeeze Lemon Juice - Cut the lemons in half & squeeze the lemon juice to give about 1 cup of lemon juice. The number of lemons may vary based on their size and how juicy they are.
To make the strawberry lemonade concentrate
1 to 4 - Strain the strawberry puree and lemon juice into a jug or jar. To it add simple syrup and salt give it a good mix.
Store the concentrate in a bottle/jar & refrigerate till use. Add the lemon slices to the concentrate for a more citrusy flavor.
Storage and Serving Suggestions
The concentrate will keep good for up to a week or two. Store it in a sealed jar or bottle and keep it chilled in the fridge.
You can serve strawberry lemonade with cold water or with a bubbly drink like soda or sparkling water or a mix of both. The fizz adds an extra zing to this drink.
Option 1 - Individual serving - Add some ice cubes to your glass followed by concentrate (approx half of your glass) & remaining half with chilled Soda/Water. Give it a good mix and enjoy it!!
Optional - The lemonade is ready to serve as is but adding some mint, lemon, and strawberry slices to your lemonade makes it extra special!!
Option 2 - Big Batch - If you are making this for a large gathering then mix everything into a pitcher and serve.
Recipe Notes and Tips
Let the sugar syrup cool completely before adding it to the strawberries and lemon juice.
Don't throw the lemon skin, slice them & add to your lemonade concentrate later. Adds nice citrusy flavor to the lemonade.
Depending on how sweet you like your lemonade adjust the sugar quantity accordingly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, this concentrate will freeze well and keep for up to 6 months. Freeze in ice cube trays and transfer to ziplock or airtight container. Or freeze in containers leaving some space at the top as lemonade will expand when frozen. Thaw it either in the fridge or at room temperature before use.
Not really, pink lemonade is regular lemonade colored pink either with artificial or natural color liquid or juice like that of strawberry, raspberries, or cherries. It has no fruit flavor though.
I would recommend fresh strawberries but frozen will work as an alternative. Thaw them and then blend. Depending on their sweetness, adjust the sugar content. The taste might vary slightly compared to when made with fresh strawberries.
More Easy Drinks Recipes
Hope you enjoy this Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade recipe!! If you give this recipe a try, please rate by clicking stars ⭐️ in the recipe card. Thank you ❤️! You can also follow me on Facebook | Instagram to see what’s cooking in my kitchen!!
Sparkling Strawberry Lemonade
Strawberry Lemonade Concentrate
- 1 cup strawberry puree approx 10-12 fresh strawberries
- 1 cup lemon juice 5-6 big lemons
- ½ teaspoon salt optional
- simple syrup as prepared below, adjust to taste
For Simple Syrup
- 1 ½ cup water
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 5-7 cups Club soda or sparkling water or cold water will vary as per taste
- few mint leaves, lemon and strawberry slices for garnishing, optional
- Make Simple Syrup - Boil water & add the sugar to it. Stir continuously to dissolve the sugar and take it off the heat. Allow this mixture to cool. Simple sugar syrup is ready.
- Make Strawberry Puree - Hull the fresh strawberries (cut the green part off) & then puree them in a blender without water or sugar.
- Squeeze Lemon Juice - Cut the lemons in half & squeeze the lemon juice to give about 1 cup. The number of lemons may vary based on their size and how juicy they are.
Make Strawberry Lemonade concentrate
- Strain the strawberry puree and lemon juice into jug or jar. Stir in simple syrup and salt give it a good mix.
- Store the concentrate in a bottle/jar sealed & refrigerate till use. Add the lemon slices to the concentrate for more citrusy flavor (optional). Can be stored for up to a week or two.
To serve strawberry lemonade
- You can serve strawberry lemonade with water or with a bubbly drink like club soda or sparkling water or a mix of both.
- Option 1 - Individual serving - Add some ice cubes to the serving glass followed by strawberry lemonade concentrate (approx half of your glass) & remaining half with chilled sparkling water. Give it a good mix and enjoy it!!
- Optional - The lemonade is good just as is to serve but adding some mint, lemon, and strawberry slices to your strawberry lemonade makes it extra special and pretty!!
- Option 2 - Big Batch - If you are making this for a large gathering then mix everything into a pitcher and serve.
- Simple syrup can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 weeks easily. Comes in really handy.
- Let the sugar syrup cool completely before adding it to the strawberries and lemon juice.
- Don't throw the lemon skin, slice them & add to you lemonade concentrate. Adds a nice flavor to the lemonade.
- Depending on how sweet you like your lemonade adjust the sugar quantity accordingly.
This will be quite a delectable combination! I love both separately. Strawberry is my favourite fruit! I'm going to make this drink the minute the weather gets warmer here. 🙂
Thanks, Yes indeed it is. share your thoughts on how ti turned out once you get to try it 🙂
Wonderful refreshing drink..
Thank you for linking it to my event..