Chilli Chicken is one of the most popular Indo-chinese appetizers. This dish also has a gravy version but for this post I'll be sharing the dry version.
As the name goes this is a spicy appetizer where marinated chicken is deep fried to get a crispy texture. These crispy chicken bites on their own are so delicious that I tend to munch on them as I am frying. The dish is ready when these crispy chicken bites are mixed with garlic, green chilies, soya sauce & vinegar. Mix chicken with sauces just before serving retain crispness.
For Marination & frying chicken:
- Wash & cut the chicken in length. Pat dry.
- In a bowl, add the cornflour, all purpose flour, salt , black pepper & hot chili sauce & mix well. Use some water if required to make s smooth thick paste to coat the chicken thoroughly.
- Marinate for at-least an hour or for 3-4 hours.
- Heat oil in a vessel for deep frying, once hot add the marinated chicken pieces one by one as many as your vessel can hold. Keep frying on medium to high flame to ensure the chicken is cooked from the inside too.
- Flip when one side is golden. Once both sides are evenly colored golden, remove from oil & drain on absorbent paper.
- Proceed frying the remaining marinated chicken in the same manner.
- Heat oil in a pan & once hot add the minced garlic followed by green chilies. Saute till garlic is light brown.
- Then add vinegar & soya sauce followed by onions & capsicum. Saute till onions & capsicum are partially cooked but still crispy.
- Now add the fried crispy chicken & mix well. Season with salt carefully since soya sauce also contains salt.
- Garnish with spring onions green.
That's it, our Chilli Chicken Dry is ready, Serve hot!!