Creamy Garlic Pasta with Veggies is a summery springy pasta with asparagus, peas, cherry tomatoes, hints of garlic and lightly coated with cream and Parmiggiano Reggiano. Its light, fresh and full of great flavor!!
Creamy Garlic Pasta is our new favorite!! I made it for the very first time for a monthly cooking club that I am part of and has been on repeat ever since. Its satiating and soul satisfying recipe perfect for lunches, dinner, potlucks, parties and even lunchboxes. Like most Pasta Recipes, this Creamy Garlic Pasta is very much customizable. You can add more veggies to it or just make it with peas. If you don’t want the cream, skip that and will still taste delicious!!
My kids love pasta and since I was hosting that month’s cooking club, wanted to make sure they get their comfort food and yet I get to try something new. You can use any veggies with this pasta, I went ahead with what was in season like asparagus. They with green peas made a great combination so those were my basic choices. To give it some color and slight tang, added the cherry tomatoes. Garlic and tomato combo never fails!! To keep it light yet slightly creamy added just enough cream to coat the pasta. Finished it off with my favorite cheese – parmiggiano reggiano. End results – Delicious!!
I’m part of a cooking club formed in our community that I love going to every month (at least I try to) and meeting some lovely ladies where we share Vine, food, lots of chit chat and just enjoying the time away from family (yes no kids or spouses, just us Ladies ????). It rolls like this – The host for the month selects a theme and each one of us brings a dish as per that theme. March was my time to host and the theme was Spring Recipes. I made this Creamy Garlic Pasta with Asparagus and Green peas.
This cooking club gives me a chance to step out of my comfort zone and try some new recipes which probably I wouldn’t make otherwise. Its also an opportunity for me to taste new recipes that they make (they all are wonderful chefs!! Lucky me!!) We always are so full with our hearts and belly and waiting for the next meet up! Its been three years since this club started but feels like yesterday!! Couldn’t let such big milestone pass without mentioning on this post especially since this pasta idea stemmed from there!
Step by Step Method
Bring pot of water to rolling boil. Salt it and then add the pasta and cook it as per package instructions. When the pasta is almost cooked add the asparagus. Cook till al dente Drain and keep aside.
In another pot, add butter and oil and once hot add the onion and saute until onions are translucent. Stir in the garlic and green peas. Cover and cook until the peas are almost cooked. Add in the tomatoes, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and parsley flakes. Cover and cook for a min or so.
Next add the liquid – veg broth and cream and get to a boil. Finally add the pasta, asparagus and parmesan. toss till all is well combined. Adjust seasonings as required. Let it sit for a few minutes covered for the pasta to soak the flavor. Serve warm with some more sprinkle of cheese.
Can I make this Pasta ahead of time
Yes you absolutely can!! Just add some liquid – just broth, cream or combination of both while heating the pasta since the liquid is quickly absorbed. Also I feel it tastes better as it sits and soaks in all the flavors. I have tried it warm and cold straight out of the refrigerator and loved them both. Especially in this hot summer that cold pasta tasted great!!
Other Pasta Recipes:
If you are a pasta lover like me then do checkout these other favorite pasta recipes
Hope you enjoy the Creamy Garlic Pasta With Veggies as much as we do!! If you give this recipe a try, we did love to hear from you ❤️. Please let us know your rating and feedback in the comments below. Thank you!
CREAMY GARLIC PASTA WITH VEGGIES
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 4 fat garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup greenpeas fresh or frozen (used frozen)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1 tsp dry parsley
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes to taste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 bunch asparagus ends trimmed, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1 lb Gemelli pasta or penne
- 1 cup
grated parmigiano reggiano
- salt and pepper to taste
Stove Top Method:
- Bring pot of water to rolling boil. Salt it and then add the pasta and cook it as per package instructions. When the pasta is almost cooked add the asparagus. Cook till aldente Drain and keep aside.
- In another pot, add butter and oil and once hot add the onion and saute until onions are translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and green peas. Cover and cook until the peas are almost cooked.
- Stir in the tomatoes, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and parsley flakes. Cover and cook for a min or so.
- Next add the liquid – veg broth and cream and get to a boil
- Finally add the pasta, asparagus and parmesan. Toss till all is well combined. Adjust seasonings as required.
- Let it sit for a few minutes covered for the pasta to soak the flavor. Serve warm with some more sprinkle of cheese.
Instant Pot Method:
- Start the InstantPot on saute mode and once it displays hot add the butter, oil and onions and saute until onions are translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and cook until the raw smell disappears.
- Add the veggies (asparagus, green peas, tomatoes), salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and parsley flakes. Mix well and cancel saute mode.
- Add in the pasta and 4 cups of water or veg broth or mix of both or enough liquid so that the pasta is underneath the water. press down if needed.
- Close the lid with vent to sealing and cook on Manual or pressure cook mode for 4 mins followed by quick release.
- Add in the the cream and grated parmigiano reggiano and adjust seasoning if needed.
- Start the Instant pot on saute mode and saute for a few mins until the sauce thickens. If there is more liquid left, simply close the lid and let it stand for a few mins and the liquid will be absorbed by the pasta.
- Creamy Garlic Pasta is ready! Serve warm with some more sprinkle of cheese.
- The liquid gets quickly absorbed by the pasta so preferably serve immediately. If serving later, add some liquid – just broth, cream or combination of both while heating the pasta.
- Veggies and pasta variety of choice can be used.