Taco Pasta is a delicious one-pot meal made using Italian Pasta and Mexican Flavors. Its nutritious, delicious crowd pleasing recipe thats perfect for weeknights!!
Thank you Modern Table for sponsoring this post. This delicious, complete protein pasta is made from just three plant-based ingredients -- eat clean with Modern Table pasta today!
We as a family love Pasta and now with the younger one joining the gang its even better. As much as we love Italian food, we love the Mexican flavors too. So here's combining best of both worlds - Taco Pasta!! I've been lately using one-pot cooking a lot and I love using my Instant Pot for such one pot meals. So here is an easy full proof recipe for Instant Pot Taco Pasta.
This one pot Taco pasta is our current favorite and we cannot have enough of it!! Its a really easy recipe, almost like a dump and go types that is perfect for busy weeknights. Its a healthy, nutritious, vegetarian (can be made vegan too) one pot meal as its has veggies, beans, cheese and to make it even more better I have used Modern Table Pasta for this dish. Their all pastas are lentil-based and contain complete proteins - meaning they have the 9 essential amino acids our bodies need for strong energy, good digestion, and muscle health.
I find the Elbows (or shell pasta or mini penne) pair extremely well with this dish and somehow I find kids love this pasta shape, may be they associate it with their Mac and cheese ????If you are looking for a gluten free pasta option for this recipe then try the Modern Table Pasta - with only three plant-based ingredients, the plain pastas are vegan, non-GMO, and gluten-free. Isn't that awesome!!
How to make Taco Pasta:
You won't believe how easy and simple this recipe is. In your Instant Pot, start by sauteing the onions and bell pepper. Add the pasta, veggie stock or water, tomato sauce, spices, black beans and corn. Do not mix. Close the lid and pressure cook for 2-3 mins depending on type of pasta used. Do a quick release and there you have your delicious pasta ready!! Add spring onions green, cilantro and lots of cheese and serve warm. Dinner is ready and served within 30 mins!!
Hope you enjoy this Instant Pot Taco Pasta as much as we do!! If you give this recipe a try, we did love to hear from you ❤️ Please let us know your rating ⭐️and feedback in the comments below. Thank you!
Instant Pot Taco Pasta
- 3 cups of Modern Table Pasta uncooked, Elbows or regular elbow pasta
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels frozen
- 1 cup canned black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin seeds powder
- 1/2 to 1 tsp red chilli powder or to taste - optional
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1-2 cups of shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1/4 cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 spring onions greens chopped
- 3½ cups vegetable stock or water
- Switch on the instant pot to sauté mode.
- Once it displays "HOT", add the olive oil followed by onions and red bell pepper and sauté until onions are soft/translucent.
- Add the minced garlic and sauté for few seconds
- Next add the vegetable stock and pasta. Press the pasta gently so its below the liquid. Switch of the instant pot saute mode.
- Add tomato sauce on top of pasta, followed by spices( red chili powder, cumin powder, oregano, salt and black pepper), corn and, black beans. Do not mix just make sure to spread ingredients evenly in a layer one after other.
- Close the instant pot with lid, vent in sealing position.
- Cook on Manual (pressure cook) High Pressure for 2 mins (regular pasta 3 mins - see notes) and do a quick release when done. Press cancel
- Open the lid, add cilantro, green onions and fluff up the pasta with fork or spoon.
- Serve warm by adding some cheese on the pasta and garnish with your favorite toppings
- For regular elbow pasta (not modern table) - cook on Manual High Pressure for 3mins and then quick release.
- If there is water left after opening the lid, mix and close the lid and let the pasta sit for 5-10 mins and it will soak up all the liquid.
- You can also cook this pasta on stove top - cook the pasta separate and then add it to the prepared sauce.
- Many asked for tomato sauce alternatives, so if you cannot find tomato sauce use tomato puree (store bought) or even pasta sauce can work.
You don’t have to give up the good stuff, because the stuff you want is good. Now you can have your pasta and eat it too!