I've visited few countries but never seen any alteration done to Chinese preparation the way India does it, we have redefined Chinese flavor to millions. And above and beyond all that conditioning, every household has its own special touch to it. Today I'm going to share mine.
1 packet of Noodles (uncooked) (6oz or 170gms)
1 small red onion cut in julienne
5-6 medium sized spring onion cut in julienne
⅛ cabbage cut in julienne (green or purple)
1 carrot cut in julienne
1 bell pepper cut in julienne (using half each of red and green bell )
1 teaspoon grated or minced ginger
2 teaspoon grated or minced garlic (around 4-5 cloves of garlic)
2-3 tablespoon hot chilli sauce (or to taste)
2 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon dark soya sauce (light soya sauce works too)
2-3 tablespoon oil for cooking
salt and pepper to taste
1 -2 teaspoon sesame seeds (optional) for garnishing
Boil noodles as per package instructions. Drain and soak in cold water for about 5 mins to prevent them from cooking further. Drain and mix with drizzle of oil to prevent them from sticking. Keep aside.
In a bowl, add all the sauces - Hot chilli sauce, soya sauce, tomato ketchup, vinegar. Mix and keep aside.
Cut and have all the veggies ready since we are cooking on high heat and the whole cooking process goes really fast.
- In a wok, heat some oil on high heat and once hot add the red onions and white part of spring onions. Saute for a min.
- Now add the bell peppers, carrots and saute till these veggies a partially cooked. Keep tossing intermittently to prevent sticking. Try to retain the crunchiness of these veggies.
- When the veggies are half cooked, add the add ginger garlic paste and mix well till raw garlic smell goes
- Then add the cabbage along with salt and pepper and saute for 1 min or so.
- Add the drained and cooked noodles along with the sauce mixture and toss well till all is well combined. Adjust seasoning (Salt and pepper) as required.
- Add half of the spring onions green (reserve half for garnishing while serving) and mix well. Cook for about 1-2 mins
That's it, our Indo Chinese Vegetable Noodles are ready. Serve hot garnished with some spring onion greens and sesame seeds. Enjoy!