Oven Roasted Tomatoes are a great way to preserve tomatoes & use them later as required. These roasted tomatoes are versatile, you could add them to salad, pasta's, sandwiches or even make a spread or pesto from them. In-fact I even like to snack on them, they are that delicious.
I've used grape/cherry tomatoes for this post but you could also use regular tomato & cut them in slices, marinate & then bake. I sometimes even like to add a crushed garlic clove while baking to get a tinge of garlicky flavor. But usually I make these in bulk & store so I omit the garlic. Store these in air-tight container & these are good for weeks in refrigerator & months when frozen.
Few months back I had posted Linguine with Pesto & Roasted Tomatoes. Have been a fan ever since, so definitely more recipes using roasted tomatoes coming up on this space so stay tuned.
Now to the recipe........
2 cups of cherry/grape tomatoes
1 teaspoon of dry oregano
½ teaspoon of dry rosemary
salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 275F.
- Cut the tomatoes in half & add the oregano, rosemary, salt pepper & olive oil to them. Mix well & marinate it for 10-15 mins.
- Line a baking try with aluminium foil & arrange the marinated tomatoes on it with the open half facing up.
- Place the tray in the preheated oven & bake for about 45 mins to 1 hr or till the tomatoes have lost their moisture & have shrink-ed.
- Allow them to cool completely & then transfer to air-tight container. Refrigerate to use within weeks or freeze for longer usage.