Typically a pizza comprises of a base topped with a sauce, cheese, veggies/meat which is then baked. The Naan Pizza is based on the exact same model (if i may call that) just that we are using our Indian Naan bread as base instead of making one from scratch or using a store bought one as i did for my Onion Capsicum Cheese Pizza recipe. Infact I found Naan pizza to be a quicker, healthier and tastier homemade pizza option when compared to store/restaurant bought pizza. I happened to make this pizza as a lazy lunch option with the leftovers I had in my fridge. Although I love the pizza from the various pizza joints I sometimes find them too greasy so I decided not to use any oil or butter for this one. Took the Naan, layered it with my favorite tomato ketchup, topped it with some paneer, veggies and cheese and baked it at 425F for 10-15 mins. Nothing fancy at all. But surprisingly this pizza turned out really crispy and yummy. Loved it so much that had to share it with you all. Its definitely a healthier feast for pizza lovers like me.
I have added paneer mixture to this pizza to make it filling. But if you want to skip it you can. There will be slight difference in taste but this pizza still tastes great with veggies and cheese. People on diet too can relish this pizza by switching to some whole wheat Naan (you have so many variety available now) and loading it with more veggies and less cheese. Almost all kids love Pizza so its a great option for them too. For this pizza, I opted to layer the veggies first and then top it with cheese and then add a few veggies like tomato and onions on top but that's just how I like it. Its no hard and fast and you can definitely layer the cheese first and then veggies or vice versa.
Now to the recipe...
Few spinach leaves
2 mushrooms thinly sliced
Few slices of red and green bell pepper
Few slices of red onions
2-3 baby corns sliced (or you can use corn kernels too)
5-6 grape tomatoes sliced (or use 1 small tomato)
Few coriander leaves
Salt and pepper seasoning to taste
1 cup grated paneer
1/4 tsp red chilli powder (or to taste)
1/4 tsp cumin seeds powder
1/4 tsp chaat masala (optional)
Salt pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Mix all the ingredients mentioned for Paneer mixture in a bowl and keep ready.
- Place the naans on the baking tray and apply a tbsp of ketchup on each and spread evenly.
- Next equally divide the paneer mixture onto the two naans and spread evenly.
- Now start layering the veggies like spinach, mushrooms, red and green bell pepper, red onions, babycorn. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Next spread an even layer of cheese and top it with some more red onions, tomatoes and coriander leaves. Sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for about 10 - 15 mins or until the cheese melts. For crispier crust bake slightly longer but keep a close watch checking every 5 mins to avoid the naan from burning.
- Every oven is different so keep a close eye while baking this pizza. Bake for 10 mins and check. Once you notice the cheese has melted and the edges have turned darker you know your pizza is ready. For crispier pizza bake slightly longer.
- If you notice your naan is burning or edges are turning dark quickly without the cheese melting then lower the temperature and bake.
- You can use the veggies available to you. Instead of baby corn, corn kernel can be used too.
- Choice of cheese is completely yours, mozzarella, cheddar or mix anything works.
That's it our healthy crispy and yummy Naan Pizza is ready. Serve it hot. If you like it spicy, top it with some red chilli flakes. Enjoy!!