Another crowd-pleaser recipe that is loved by kids and adults - Veg Pizza Sliders!! They are cheesy, buttery, garlicky a.k.a delicious. Make it for your next party and see the tray getting polished off clean!!
I made these Veg Pizza sliders along with my Cheesy Garlic Masala Pav Sliders for one of the potluck parties since some kids don't eat spicy and wanted them to have something which they can enjoy!! As I had thought, these were a hit!! Kids love pizza and this is an easy homemade version of it. A soft pillow filled with cheese YUMMY!!
What is a Pizza Slider
It's the goodness of pizza sandwiched in dinner rolls!! Sounds fancy right? But it's an extremely easy recipe.
All you have to do is cut the dinner rolls in half lengthwise. Slather some pizza sauce or marinara sauce on the bottom half of dinner rolls. Add cheese, and toppings of choice (veggies or meat), followed by more cheese, and bake it till cheese has melted.
Then place the other half of the dinner roll on the melted cheese and slather it with some garlic butter for more flavor. If you dont like garlic just skip it from the butter mixture.
Bake for some more time and pizza sliders are ready. See the kid's face smile as they pull these rolls apart and the cheese stretching!!
These sliders make a great recipe for a gathering where kids are involved and for kids' lunchboxes too! You can either make it in bulk like shown in this recipe or make it with just 1-2 dinner rolls for a lunchbox. You can make them in an oven or air-fryer.
How To Make Veggie Pizza Sliders in Oven (Stepwise photos)
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Place parchment paper on a baking sheet and keep it ready.
Make the garlic butter by mixing all ingredients mentioned for Garlic Butter and keep aside.
Cut the dinner rolls lengthwise. Place the bottom half of the bread onto the prepared baking sheet. Apply some butter, followed by your favorite pizza or marinara sauce (homemade or store-bought), and half of the mozzarella cheese.
Add the toppings (onions, bell pepper, and olives), sprinkle some salt, black pepper, oregano, and the remaining cheese.
Bake at 400°F for 10 mins until the cheese has melted. Apply butter to the second half and place it on the melted cheese. Brush the garlic butter onto each dinner roll reserving some for later.
Bake for another 10-15 mins. Brush with more garlic butter once out of the oven. Sprinkle some fresh parsley.
Vegetarian Pizza sliders are ready! Serve immediately on its own or with some more marinara or no-cook pizza sauce for dipping.
More Pizza Recipes
Hope you enjoy this Veg Pizza Sliders recipe as much as we do!! If you give this recipe a try, we did love to hear from you ❤️ Please let us know your rating ⭐️and feedback in the comments below. Thank you!
Veg Pizza Sliders
To make Veg Pizza Sliders (Oven):
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place a parchment paper on a baking sheet and keep it ready.
- Make the garlic butter by mixing all ingredients (melted butter, garlic, parsley, oregano, Italian seasoning, salt and cheese) mentioned for Garlic Butter and keep aside.
- Cut the dinner rolls in half lengthwise. Place the bottom half of the bread on to the prepared baking sheet. Apply some butter, followed by you favorite pizza or marinara sauce (homemade or store-bought) and ½ of the mozzarella cheese.
- Add the toppings (onions, bell pepper and olives), sprinkle some salt, black pepper and oregano and remaining cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake at 400F for 10 mins until the cheese has melted. Remove from the oven.
- Take the other half of the dinner roll and apply butter to the inside (white) portion the dinner roll half and place it on the melted cheese. Brush the garlic butter onto each dinner roll reserving some for later.
- Transfer back to the oven and bake for another 10 mins. Brush with more garlic butter once out of the oven. Sprinkle some fresh parley. Serve immediately on its own or with some more marinara for dipping!!
To make Veg Pizza Sliders (Air-Fryer):
- Follow exact steps as the oven method to get the pizza sliders ready and then transfer to the air fryer and bake at 370° F for 5-7mins or until the cheese is melted and then again after covering bake the other half bake for another 5mins. Brush with more garlic butter and sprinkle some fresh parsley. Serve immediately on its own or with some more marinara for dipping!!