Mummy Pizza are these yummy, healthy and Halloween themed snacks that is sure to be loved by kids and adults! Serve them with some marinara sauce on the side.
Halloween is just around the corner and everywhere its the spooky festive feeling so thought of sharing this cute Mummy Pizza recipe that is so perfect for this occasion. Be it as after school snacks or kids lunch box or as an appetizer for your potluck parties, its sure a recipe for keeps.
The best part about these Mummy pizza is that its loaded with veggies and kids wont even notice. These are really easy to make and you could totally customize it to your liking.
Puff Pastry Sheets - I made these using Puff pastry that is readily available in most grocery stores in the freezer section. You could also use homemade puff pastry dough or Pillsbury dough.
Sauce - Choose a sauce of your choice - pizza sauce, marinara or even pesto works great.
Veggies - I'm using a mix of
Cheese - Shredded Mozzarella or Mexican cheese or even cheddar works great!
Spices - dry oregano, salt and pepper
How to make Mummy Pizza using Puff Pastry
For 12 of the pastry squares, using a rolling pin stretch each to give a rectangle shape (not too thin). Cut remaining 6 parts into thin strips. So roll these 6 into long thin rectangles and cut each into approximately 10 strips to give a total of 60 strips.
- 1 pack Puff Pastry Sheets thawed (17.3 ounces)
- 1 cup Pizza sauce or marinara using Trader Joes pizza sauce
- 1½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup veggies using mix of (spinach, red pepper, zucchini, yellow squash and red onions) chopped
- 24 slices pitted ripe black olives
- 1 tablespoon or less dry oregano
- salt pepper to taste
- PreHeat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold 1 pastry sheet on the work surface and cut it into 3 rectangles along the fold lines. Divide and cut each of these rectangles into 3 equal parts to give total of 9 squares/rectangles.
- Repeat the above step with other pastry sheet too.
- For 12 of the pastry squares, using a rolling pin stretch each to give a rectangle shape (not too thin).
- For remaining 6 parts we are going to use these to make thin strips. So roll these 6 into long thin rectangles and cut each into approximately 10 strips to give a total of 60 strips.
- Place the pastry rectangles onto the baking sheet.
- Spread about 1-2 tablespoon sauce on each pastry rectangle.
- Add about 1-2 tablespoons of cheese and 1-2 tablespoon veggie mix.Sprinkle a little salt, pepper and oregano
- Arrange 5 pastry strips on each pastry, placing them slightly askew over the filling to resemble a mummy's bandages.
- Place 2 olive slices on each pastry for the eyes.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Let the pastries cool on the baking sheet on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Serve Warm with more marinara to dip! Enjoy!
That's it, our yummy, healthy Halloween themed Mummy Pizza is ready. Enjoy!
Leave a comment & rate the recipe