Do you have some ripe bananas at home which you were planning to throw away as they are no longer pretty or look edible. I’d say don’t ! I now have a delicious way to save one from a guilt trip of throwing away bananas. Banana Chocolate chip Muffins is an apt recipe for using your ripe bananas. The more ripe the banana is the better it is, as then you have to add less sugar. A total win win!!
I like the combination of banana & chocolate & am sure most of the kids will love this too. Its perfect as a snack or a breakfast item for those super busy mornings or simply to satisfy your sweet tooth cravings.
2 ripe bananas
1.5 cups of all purpose flour
1 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 cup of milk
1/2 cup white sugar
1/4 cup of melted butter or at room temperature (should be soft)
1/4 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
drop of vanilla essence
muffin pan liners or Baking cups
- Take the muffin pan & line it with the liners, this helps to get the muffins out smoothly.
- Before we start mixing all ingredients lets do some preparation.
- Peel the banana & break them into small chunks. Using a folk mash them till you get a gooey mixture. Keep aside.
- Add some flour to the chocolate chips & mix. Keep aside. This helps the chocolate chips to mix evenly & not settle at the bottom of the muffins while baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large vessel, mix together milk, butter & vanilla essence
- Add the mashed banana & mix again.
- Sift all the dry ingredients i.e. all purpose flour, baking powder & baking soda into the wet mixture. Add sugar & mix well using a whisk.
- Add the chocolate chips mixed with flour & using a spatula mix so that the flour & chocolate chips are well combined.
- Using an ice-cream scoop, pour the batter into pre-lined muffin pan. Sprinkle some chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 18 mins or till done. Check using a toothpick at the 18 mins mark by poking in the center. If the toothpick comes out clean without any batter that means our muffins are ready.
- Remove them from the oven & allow the muffin pan to cool for 10 mins or till you can handle it.
- Enjoy these spongy & delicious Banana chocolate muffins warm or cold, they taste yummy both ways!!