With summer at its peak, all you want to eat and drink is something chilled and cold. Ice-creams and Popsicles make the perfect treats, snacks or dessert to beat this heat. Strawberry Yogurt Popsicles are the perfect summer treats. They are are all natural and delicious treats not just for kids but for adults too. These Popsicle come out nice and creamy. Make some fancy layering and these poposicles are treat to the eyes as well as to the taste buds. Honestly I can eat them for breakfast too.
I like to add a bit of sugar to the strawberries to bring out their sweetness and depending on how sweet or sour your yogurt is you can skip or add the sugar. Since I was making this treat with the lil one in mind I’ve used full fat yogurt. Found it a bit thick after whisking. Hence added some milk to adjust the consistency (but this is completely optional).
You can make various patterns using the strawberry and yogurt mixture. For instance you could simply mix the two and fill the mold to get a pink and creamy Popsicle or make alternate layers of strawberry puree and yogurt or take a step further and add some pattern like I did for this post. Which ever pattern you chose doesn’t alter their taste but definitely makes them look pretty. Now who doesn’t like a pretty looking treat/snack.
For the recipe…
Ingredients: (Makes 7-8 Popsicles)
For Strawberry Puree:
9-10 medium sized strawberries washed, cored and quartered (using fresh but frozen can be used too)
1 tsp sugar or honey
pinch of salt
For Yogurt Mixture:
1 cup yogurt (used plain, vanilla flavor can be used in which case skip the extract)
1/2 cup milk (optional)
1 tbsp sugar (or honey) (to taste)
pinch of salt
pinch of cardamom or drop of vanilla extract (optional)
For Strawberry Puree – Add the chopped strawberries to a bowl and to it add the the sugar and mix. Allow it to sit for 15-20 mins. Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth. Remove it into the bowl. Keep aside.
For Yogurt Mixture – Whisk together all the ingredients like yogurt, sugar, salt and milk until smooth. Keep aside.
For Making Strawberry Popsicles :-
There are many variations you can make using these two purees but I have mentioned the method followed by me here. Please refer notes for the other ways.
Take the Popsicle molds and add the Yogurt Puree around 2 tbsp followed by 2 tbsp of strawberry and around 1 tbsp of yogurt (or as much required to fill the mold) again. Take a knife or the back of a spoon and insert into the mold make swirls or up-down motion to give some pattern to the mixture. Once you have filled all the molds, cover and insert the stick. Freeze for around 6-8 hours and Popsicles will be ready .
- Design Variations:You can follow the method listed above or simply mix the strawberry and yogurt puree together and fill the molds. You can do more strawberry and less yogurt and make patterns. Or you can make alternate layers of yogurt and starwberry mixture without the swirls. All these ways look and taste great.
- Depending on the sweetness of the strawberries and yogurt you can adjust the amount of sugar or keep it all natural and skip the sugar.
- I’ve used full fat yogurt but greek yogurt, lowfat yogurt will work too.
- I have used milk to adjust the yogurt consistency but that can be skipped or replcaed with water.
- You can make these Popsicles using any fruit of choice.