Hello Friends!! Hope you all are doing well!! I know its been long but am back with delicious appetizer/snack recipe – Baked Beans on Garlic Toast. Crunchy garlicky base of bread topped with soft mushy beans, hard cheese and crunchy onions and bell pepper makes this recipe irresistible. Try it and this recipe will be in your bookmarks for sure!!
Have been meaning to write a post for so long but the little one along with home and work are keeping me real busy. If you are a new mom like me or in general busy in life, I have something for you that you will love. You can now have your very own Sous Chef, thanks to Dorot Gardens! No more washing, chopping, and peeling of fresh herbs, ginger & garlic. Yay!!!
- easily available now in most local Kroger stores in the frozen vegetables isle.
- super cute packaging
- pre-portioned cubes (1 cube equals 1 tsp).
- full of fresh flavors as they are flash frozen within 90 minutes of harvest
- real easy to use, requires no chopping, peeling and cutting so no mess, no clean up. Just pop a cube out directly into your recipe and you are set!
Sometimes (or most times when I really need it) I’m out of Cilantro but having these cubes available in my freezer all year long makes such a big difference. They bring real flavors to table. Like in this recipe. addition of cilantro to the baked beans makes it so flavorful.
The Baked Beans on Garlic Toast is a simple yet delicious recipe that can be served as snack or appetizer or even as a breakfast dish topped with egg. Its wholesome and nutritious meal. Its super easy and quick to make too due to Dorot Garden products.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 12 oz Baked beans (using canned ones)
- ¼ cup finely chopped onions
- ¼ cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tsp Dorot Garden ginger
- 1 tsp Dorot Garden garlic
- 1 tsp Dorot Garden cilantro
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp chilli sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 5 slices of choice of bread using honey oats slice bread
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp garlic
- ¼ tsp dry parsley flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- thinly sliced red onions and green bell peppers
- red pepper flakes to taste (optional)
- some coriander leaves
- In a pan on medium heat add the oil and butter and let the butter melt.
- Add the onions and saute until translucent.
- Next add the bell pepper and saute for another min and add the ginger garlic and cilantro cubes. Saute until the cubes melt and raw garlic smell disappears.
- Then add the baked beans,salt, pepper, tomato ketchup and chilli sauce and mix well.
- Cook on medium low stirring intermittently until the mixture thickens.
- Keep aside.
- Toast the bread slices until the slices are lightly brown and crispy.
- In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter and heat it for 30 secs or until it melts.
- Add garlic, salt, pepper, parsley flakes and mix well.
- Divide the garlic butter into 5 equal portions and apply this over the toasted bread.
- Spread the baked bean mixture evenly over this garlic bread.
- Sprinkle Parmigiano Reggiano and cut each slices into 4 squares or triangles.
- Garnish with thinly sliced onions, bell pepper strips and coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle red chilli flakes to taste. (optional and to taste)
- You can warm it in the oven for 10 mins if needed or serve as is.
The bread can get soggy so assemble just before serving.